Revisions

Just had some very useful feedback on one of my novels -'Touched'. The big problem I had was length. Now those of you who have had to suffer my 'short' stories might be surprised to find that the problem was not it was too long but that it was too SHORT! 'Touched' is only 55,600 words long and that means that it is not commercially viable. I've known that from day one hence the need for a second opinion. For one thing it has been nice to have my style, characterisation and story praised but brilliant to have suggestions for how to develop certain storylines and characters to add 20,000 words to it. This is not padding but a way of actually improving the book that I think will work. There will be much more shade within it, a much darker element to it but I think it will work. It is worth a try anyway!

Comments