The part-time (but ambitious) writers dilemma

I suppose its the dilemma that faces all people who have ambitions as writers, getting the balance right between the need to make a living and finding the time to write well (i.e. not squeezing it in as and when). I'm self employed and for most of the last year it's been a worry that not enough work has been coming in. Well, I had a slight re-think about how I worked and what I should push to the market and suddenly I have all the work I can handle! The day job is now seriously impinging on what I want to do - but what I want to do does not, as yet, pay the bills! And of course it never will whilst I don't have the time to do it properly, which I don't because...well you get my drift! I don't know yet how I am going to resolve this. Still in the meantime 'The Last Mountain' has gained another review http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00649UFO2/ref=cm_cr_dp_syn_footer?showViewpoints=1&k=The%20Last%20Mountain and is approaching 1000 downloads which is really encouraging.

Comments

  1. My afternoon job seriously cramps my writing style, also! Fun bit, Malcolm--and congratulations on the Amazon success! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment