Why I am old-fashioned

I have a confession. Although I live and work in an internet age - my novels are all on Kindle, I love my e-reader, I am an E-lancer etc, etc - I write all of my fiction first in longhand. And preferably using a fountain pen!

Why? Surely I would be more productive creating everything in electronic format?

Well yes, I probably would but I have found that I write far better when writing creative fiction when I hand write. And best of all when my pace of writing is constrained by a real ink pen. There is something so connected by the act of writing - physically writing - putting a real pen to real paper that is just magical. I just feel like I'm connected right back to those scribes in ancient Ur scratching away on those clay tablets...

Or perhaps I'm just a sad old git!

Comments