The joys of being self-employed

I think that any regular readers of this blog will note periods when I post a lot and talk about my fiction writing (aka the thing I want to do) and my other work, the self-employed bit (aka I need to eat and pay the bills). The latter is a necessary evil having traded that lovely regular salary and one employer to the tightrope act of many employers and the slightly scary business of no guaranteed income it is one of the trade-offs. As a result there is an inverse relationship between my ability to write about what I like (and, in fact, to write fiction at all) and the amount of other work I am doing.
For the last 6 weeks I have been firefighting work, 6 days a week, long hours etc. so it is no surprise that I have not been posting on here. Hopefully things are easing off a bit so I may be able to add a few more bits here - you have been warned!

Comments