I'm back! For the ONE CAMERA, ONE LENS challenge

It's a long while since I used this!

Last night this video by Sulantoblog appeared in my YouTube feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgB8UWQqZHA



It certainly sparked some thinking, not least of why is that my camera collection is getting out of hand! I'm sure there are cheaper addictions - cocaine perhaps or snorting gold dust, for example - but there are few things that are as seductive as adding 'just one more' 'just to try it' to my collection.
This is a dangerous way of thinking...

I was already thinking of divesting some of my collection so this idea would be a good step. Choose one camera and just one lens (which has to be a prime lens, ideally from the wide to the 50mm equivalent) and use it exclusively for a given period. As we are in lockdown, not travelling, and only exercising locally, this is a great opportunity to try this without missing out on a great photo opportunity.

So, all my camera but one, and all my lenses but one (assuming I don't pick a fixed lens one, which I might) are off to the loft for a month and I go cold turkey from my addiction.

('Hi, my name's Malcolm Havard and I'm a cameraholic...')

But the question is, which one do I choose?

The attached photo is what I'm choosing from (to show you how bad my addiction is, this is less than half of my collection).

There are three Sigmas, two Pentaxes, one Ricoh, one Leica and one Olympus (sans the prime lens which is arriving tomorrow - 'Hi, my name is...etc, etc...)

So, the choice is, from left to right,

Sigma DP0
Pentax Q with 01 Prime
Olympus E-PL7 with 25mm 7Artisans Prime
Leica X1
Sigma DP2M
Ricoh GRII
Pentax K-S1 with 50mm Prime (though I do have a 28mm manual lens I might substitute)
Sigma SD Quattro with 30mm Superwide

So...

Which one would you choose?

And how am I going to cope with the shakes from the withdrawal side-effects?

Comments