One Camera/One Lens lock down challenge - The final four contenders

So, here I am. I'm about to do this challenge of only using one lens and one camera for the rest of this lock down as per this video idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgB8UWQqZHA&t=2s

This is really hard! I've had to pack up most of my beloved camera collection and am about to put them in the loft, out of temptations way. I've just got the final four to choose from. No Sigmas (sob), no film cameras (sigh), nothing too large (farewell, big Pentax), just these baby ones that I can take anywhere.



Note, none of these are anything like new, I'm too much of a Yorkshireman for that.

They are,

The Leica X1 (launched 2009)
The Pentax Q with 01 standard prime (2011)
The Ricoh GRII (2015)
The Olympus E-PL7 (2014)

Note also that I've had to alter the one lens/one camera rule to suit my collection. It was implied that the photographer would be using an interchangeable lens camera for this challenge and, clearly, two of these are technically compacts - the Ricoh and the Leica. They are both, however, fixed focal length (18.3mm and 24mm respectively) cameras with APS-C (ie DSLR) sized sensors. The challenge is also meant to be for Prime (ie non-zoom) lenses and the Olympus is currently wearing one of these. I am getting a 25mm Prime for it but I can, under the rules, fix this at a single length, which will be 25mm.

So, 2 x 12 million MP cameras (The Leica and the little Pentax), 2 x 16m MP (The Ricoh and the Olympus). Two APC-C sized sensors, one Micro 4/3 (The Olympus) and one teeny-tiny compact sized (but mighty) one in the Pentax.

Which to choose?

Decisions, decisions?

Any ideas?

Comments